72 North Harwinton Avenue
Terryville, CT 06786
Phone: (860) 583-9229
Fax: (860) 582-5202
North Carolina Office
4030 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
Founded in 1967, Richards Corporation is a well-established construction company that is fully bonded and insured. Richards Corporation is currently managed by a third generation of family members and employs approximately 80 men and women in the Greater Hartford area. Our specialty is coordinating complex construction projects with compressed implementation schedules.
Richards Corporation focuses on vertical construction, concrete, site, and road work. Projects range from full scale retail development to construction and reconstruction of institutional, office, religious, mid-rise housing, laboratory and hospital buildings.
Yearly sales are between $35 and $45 Million and project range in size from $25,000 to $16,000,000 with much of the work performed with in-house resources. Richards work range is all of Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York.
At Richards Corporation, we believe teamwork is the key to success. It's a belief that's perhaps best reflected in our corporate mission statement:
- Total customer focus.
- Expansion and development of key resources through continuous improvement of our people, services, products, and capital.
- Achieve maximum impact for the benefit of our customers, suppliers, and people.
- Market leadership through strategic partnerships with key contractors and suppliers as we expand our reach regionally, and nationally.
Our Project Team is staffed with Project Managers, Project Engineers, Superintendents and Foreman who we consider the industries best. Knowledgeable of their surroundings, certified to latest OSHA Standards.
Richards’ staff, from maintenance to management is, in my opinion, the best of the best, plain and simple. Our employee retention is also amongst the best in the industry. High turnover can be harmful to a company's productivity if skilled workers are often leaving and the worker population contains a high percentage of novice workers. To avoid this problem Richards offers a variety of seniority based incentives and as always; TRAINING, TRAINING, and more TRAINING. We have learned that people love to learn. This is why our Employee Retention Rate (ERR) is greater than 95% in 2010 and has been since 2005. As of the end of 2015, our ERR is 92%. This is unheard of in the construction industry.
Pricing is always competitive with our competition. While you say we are all the same price Richards value for the dollar far exceeds our competition and I believe we are #1 in our field for value vs. the competition.
We specialize in fast-track complex projects; large and small from earthwork and roadwork to vertical construction. We have worked on postage sized enclosed campus quarters but have also taken down mountains for development.
- Richards Corporation is bonded and insured with the bonding capacity of $50,000,000.00.
- Richards has a staff of HAZWOPER40 trained people to handle your contaminated sites also.
- Richards utilizes state-of-the-art GPS equipment for survey and has a 50+ year track record of completing projects on time and more importantly, on budget.